Chrysler Group LLC, was formed in 2009 from a global strategic alliance with FIAT Group. The company produces vehicles and products under the Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, FIAT, SRT, and Mopar® brands. The combined resources, technology, distribution technology, brands, engineering, and manufacturing allow us to compete on a global scale. Our alliance allows us to build on the culture of innovation first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925 and FIAT’s complimentary technology whose heritage dates back to 1899.
Chrysler takes great pride in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees can leverage strengths, experiences and perspectives. At Chrysler, we believe it is the diversity of talent and perspective that allows us to take a visionary approach, to strategically apply new technologies and forge ahead in our industry in innovation and performance.
Assistant General Counsel, International Affairs for Mexico, LATAM and EMEA
Seeking an experienced international commercial attorney to lead a multicultural legal team in supporting Chrysler Group's International Operations, Treasury and Business Development teams with respect to: (1) distribution matters (selection, appointment and termination of distributors, direct dealers and fleet purchasers, negotiation and preparation of multiple distribution-related agreements); (2) conducting legal due diligence on prospective business partners; (3) financing agreements; and (4) alliance distribution projects with Fiat Group Automobiles S.p.A. ("FGA").
Primary areas of Responsibility are:
- Leading a team of 11 attorneys to support Chrysler de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.'s manufacturing and distribution operations
- Coordinating legal support for Chrysler's Latin America (LATAM) Region's distribution operations in more than 20 markets, including: (1) Chrysler's San Juan, Puerto Rico Office, which oversees Chrysler's dealers in the Caribbean markets; (2) Chrysler de Venezuela LLC's operations, including its assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela; (3) Chrysler Group do Brasil Comercio de Veiculos Ltda.'s operations, as importer and distributor of Chrysler products in Brazil, (4) Chrysler Argentina S.R.L.'s operations, as importer and distributor of Chrysler products in Argentina; (5) Chrysler Chile Importadora Limitada's operations as a regional distribution support office; and (6) independent distributors in over 15 markets
- Coordinate legal support for Chrysler's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region's distribution operations, including: (1) Chrysler's Middle East Office, in Dubai, UAE, which oversees Chrysler distributors in the Arab Gulf markets; (2) Chrysler Group Egypt's operations, including Chrysler's shareholding in Arab American Vehicles Company, which operates a Jeep CKD assembly plant in Cairo, Egypt; (3) Chrysler Russia SAO's and Chrysler South Africa (Pty) Ltd.'s distribution operations in their respective markets; and (4) independent distributors in more than 30 markets
- Be part of a global team to address international distribution legal issues and matters with FGA's legal teams in Turin, Italy (EMEA), and Betim, Brazil (LATAM), as well as Chrysler and Fiat Legal teams in Shanghai, China (APAC)
- Lead U.S. legal compliance training and support for Chrysler's and FGA's international locations, including building and providing continuing education with respect to anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance, international anti-trust laws, and U.S. trade laws and sanctions, and share best practices and develop common principals and procedures for FGA's legal teams on these matters
- Admitted to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction, with the ability to become a member of the Michigan Bar, if not already a member
- Ten or more years of progressive professional experience demonstrating significant experience leading and structuring international commercial transactions, including distribution of U.S. products throughout international markets
- Supporting and strengthening compliance and risk management regimes with respect to U.S. compliance matters impacting cross-border transactions including but not limited to anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws, trade sanctions and boycott laws, and privacy and data collection laws
- Experience managing multicultural legal teams
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- Experience traveling to international locations and providing counsel and advice to senior management on multiple complex legal and business matters
- Ability to effectively function as a leader and team member within the company's legal staff
- Experience as in-house counsel
- Excellent writing, oral communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving, challenging environment
- Fluency in Portuguese desired
- Experience as in-house counsel preferably in a global manufacturing organization, auto industry experience a plus
Chrysler Group LLC is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive market based salaries, annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee's role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.