Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 from a global strategic alliance with Fiat Group, produces Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram and Mopar® vehicles and products. With the resources, technology, worldwide distribution technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler's culture of innovation - first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925 and Fiat's complementary technology - from a company whose heritage dates back to 1899.
Chrysler takes great pride in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees can leverage strengths, experiences and perspectives. At Chrysler, we believe it is the diversity of talent and perspective that allows us to take a visionary approach, to strategically apply new technologies and forge ahead in our industry in innovation and performance.
The Cutter Grind Unit Leader is responsible for managing multiple work teams in a fast paced, high volume unionized manufacturing environment. The Unit Leader will coordinate daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implement World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes. The Unit Leader will oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and practice the Chrysler Leadership Principles.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- This position requires a technical knowledge in managing cutting tool shop, including setting tool change schedules
- Knowledge of ROYAL tool management system
- Bachelor's degree in technical field
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications